The Douglass cape of good hope map picture cape of good hope promontory south Cape Of Good Hope Map 525 X 402 pixels is definitely rare, but in the distance more accessible is Braddock Mead's "Map of the Most Inhabited ration of supplementary England," published by Thomas Jefferys in 1755. Mead's map follows rather alongside that of Douglass, even if as soon as some significant improvements. For example, in Massachusetts Mead further supplementary area names (such as "Pentusok," now Pittsfield), introduced county boundaries, and linked Cape Ann to the mainland whereas Douglass had depicted it as an island.
Following the Revolution, the presidency of Massachusetts urgently required an accurate cape of good hope map picture cape of good hope promontory south Cape Of Good Hope Map 525 X 402 pixels for at least three administrative objectives: calculating tax allotments to the towns based on estate valuations, supporting the sale of public estate to pay off raid debts, and informing infrastructure development. Existing maps were too old and small scale to be of use. For example, dozens of townships usual after the 1750s were not shown on the Douglass and Mead maps.
This presented the legislature as soon as a dilemma, as public funding for a state Map would have been prohibitively expensive. as a result in 1774 it resorted to an unfunded mandate, requiring each town in Massachusetts to conduct a survey of its territory and give in a scheme to the Secretary of State. These would next be compiled and where valuable reconciled to develop the cape of good hope map picture cape of good hope promontory south Cape Of Good Hope Map 525 X 402 pixels.