The Douglass cape point cape of good hope findingae Cape Of Good Hope Map 1200 X 623 pixels is categorically rare, but far more accessible is Braddock Mead's "Map of the Most Inhabited part of new England," published by Thomas Jefferys in 1755. Mead's map follows rather next door to that of Douglass, while in the manner of some significant improvements. For example, in Massachusetts Mead further new area names (such as "Pentusok," now Pittsfield), introduced county boundaries, and linked Cape Ann to the mainland whereas Douglass had depicted it as an island.
Following the Revolution, the management of Massachusetts urgently required an accurate cape point cape of good hope findingae Cape Of Good Hope Map 1200 X 623 pixels for at least three administrative objectives: calculating tax allotments to the towns based upon home valuations, supporting the sale of public home to pay off stroke debts, and informing infrastructure development. Existing maps were too antiquated and little scale to be of use. For example, dozens of townships expected after the 1750s were not shown upon the Douglass and Mead maps.
This presented the legislature in the manner of a dilemma, as public funding for a own up Map would have been prohibitively expensive. so in 1774 it resorted to an unfunded mandate, requiring each town in Massachusetts to conduct a survey of its territory and go along with a plan to the Secretary of State. These would next be compiled and where essential reconciled to build the cape point cape of good hope findingae Cape Of Good Hope Map 1200 X 623 pixels.